I've been tagged by joyismystrength to contribute 8 random things about myself, but before I begin, I've been asked to share the following. So here goes.
1) All right, here are the rules.
2)We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
3) Players start with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
4) People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their own 8 things and post these rules.
5) At the end of your blog, you need to choose 8 people to get tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling they're tagged and to read your blog.
EIGHT RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
1) I'm a tea drinker. There's a certain old-world charm about drinking tea. Earl Grey and different varieties of Chai are my favourites. The Vanilla Chai Tea they serve at McDonalds McCafe is scrumptious.
2) I seem to have my own unique accent. I am Australian born & bred, yet whenever I meet anyone new, they ask me which part of Britain I'm from. Even my DH did this when I met him. On rare occasions, people guess New Zealand or South Africa. One school teacher I met said I sound, "lovely", so he's the one I'll choose to believe. It was nice to visit the UK several years ago, where people accurately picked my accent as Aussie for the first and only time.
3) I have a larger than average sized head, which I've passed on to all three of my children. Consequently, one of my school nicknames used to be "Bombhead" which I absolutely hated.
4) Looking at old photos from bygone eras gives me a thrill. I always loved stories of time-travel. I kept believing that it might become possible, until I listened to a scientist on talk back radio one day. He said that time travel is one thing we can deduce for certain will never happen, simply because nobody has ever been recorded in history as popping up and announcing that they are from the future.
5) I love pretty things but accessories don't suit me. My son recently said, "Stick to simple shirts and pants or skirts, Mum. Whenever you try scarves or headbands or ponchos or fancy glasses, they never seem to work." I have to take his word for it because photographs reinforce his opinion.
6) Small talk makes me tired. I've never mastered the knack of "chit chat" or social mingling. I enjoy groups with a discussion theme for meeting, but hate having get-togethers just for the sake of it because I'm always floundering. Much as I'd love to be bubbly, I'm more like a true introvert.
7) I enjoy studying the Bible. Once I stopped half through a quiz on "Which Simpsons character are you most like?" because they asked if I enjoy Bible Study. I clicked "Yes" and immediately knew, "They'll cast me as Ned Flanders." It was too predictable for me. (By the way, I'm not a big fan of the Simpsons, anyway).
8) I love reading and love the smell of the pages of new books. I keep a journal on hand to jot down good quotations I come across.
As for the last part of this tag, as I've passed on several tags in the past few months, I think I'd like to leave it open for anybody who wants to respond this time.