Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A serendipitous discovery

For a few months now, my husband has been wanting a good eyecatching visual header for our website. Last Saturday he was playing saxophone at a small local art gallery and a photographer friend of ours named Betty showed up while they band were taking a break. It occurred to Andrew to ask her on the spot whether or not she'd be able to put her thinking cap on and come up with a good photo image for Apple Leaf Books some time in the future. Betty immediately told him that she already had some! She'd been out just the previous week with a friend to take photos of grapevines. On their drive home they passed some apple orchards and thought they'd stop and take a few photos just for fun. The apples were bright, the leaves were healthy and they thought they'd make good photos. So she was delighted to come across some old friends who needed just what she had, and we, of course, were thrilled with the face lift to our website and blog. Because of course when we had the new header on the website I wanted to spruce up my blog too.

I love serendipitous moments and divine appointments. This is just a little one but still a sign that we're doing a good thing, moving in the right direction and being guided.

5 comments:

  1. It's a perfect picture! I love it!

    We discussed the finger issue at length and the consensus was to remove it now. It would only be harder to do later and if he didn't like being so different it would be difficult to change. They were also concerned a bit about whether they would really be useful or not. It made for an interesting discussion.

    I am hoping to rent Austrailia tonight for Chris and I to watch. But I doubt I'll be able to get a copy. I really want to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LIKE It!!!
    How fun is that!!! Perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great photo Paula and perfect for you. I hope you've been well, *you may have noticed* I've not been on the computer much. Just enjoying life and working on projects around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is certainly interesting for me to read the article. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

    ReplyDelete